The fourth edition of GEC Security Symposium 2021 presented by Cyber Sentinels will be held in Dubai on May 26, 2021. Spire Solutions, region’s leading value-added distributor is the title sponsor for the event. GECSS 2021 will be held at Palazzo Versace Dubai, Jaddaf Waterfront.
The much-awaited yearly mega event will continue its tradition of recognising outstanding individuals and companies in the security field through CISO 2021 Awards and Future Security Leaders Awards. Security industry’s leading players, solution providers and key CISOs from the UAE will get an opportunity to network as well as exchange critical knowledge on the modern-day vulnerability landscape.
The event is an ultimate platform for collaboration between those working in the IT security industry and those who provide the latest solutions and services in this sector. In 2020, GECSS saw participation of over 500 attendees with 15+ global and regional speakers. This year, it will be bigger than ever. GECSS 2021 is all set to welcome CISOs, CIOs, CTOs, Head of IT Security, Risk and Compliance Managers, Security Managers, Security Vendors, VADs, SIS and Resellers from various sectors.
The year 2020 was disruptive not only in terms of health crisis but it also changed the IT landscape with the rise in remote work culture. The year also saw a massive surge in cyberattacks across the world where the UAE alone witnessed a 250% rise. As a result, cybersecurity is now even higher on every IT decision-makers’ agenda.
Anas Elsadig Eltahir, Senior Information Security Specialist, Government of Dubai Legal Affairs Department will deliver the keynote address. Dr Erdal Ozkaya, President, Global CISO Forum will launch the Global CISO Forum. Other sessions and speakers include:
- Packets Don’t Lie – Detection & Response by Siddhartha Murthinty, Chief Solutions Architect, Spire Solutions
- Transforming a Cyber Intelligence Program at The World’s Busiest International Airport by Tareque Choudhury, Vice President – Technology Risk & Enterprise Architecture | Risk Management Architecture & Governance, Dubai Airports
- Rethinking the enterprise perimeter in the pandemic and transformation world by Dr Hoda Alkhzaimi, Director of Center of Cyber Security, New York University Abu Dhabi & President, Emirates Digital Association for Women (EDAW)
- Next Gen Approach to Digital Identities and Vaults by Anil Bhandari, Chief Mentor & Thought Leader – ARCON
- Securing the Data Highway with NextGen Visibility by Vijay Babber, Senior Channel Manager, MEA Gigamon
- Rethinking the enterprise perimeter in the pandemic and transformation world by Ashish Khanna, Information Security Professional, Dubai Government Entity
2021 will see more complex security challenges and to mitigate security risks, companies must implement clear and comprehensive policies. GECSS 2021 will throw spotlight on the best practices to manage and administer security and how the leadership roles of Chief Risk Officer, Chief Compliance Officer, CISO have evolved. Other key topics of discussion at GECSS 2021 are below:
- MSSPs and outsourcing security services: Are channel partners ready to deliver?
- Is cloud and digital transformation making the enterprise vulnerable?
- Building and setting up enterprise SOC
- Detecting threats and remediation in your wireless and wired network
- Mapping your network activity and detecting anomalies
- Securing and accelerating digital applications
- Building your IoT world, best practices, and guidelines
- Jumping from industrial to digital, how to build your gateway, and how to prepare the team
GECSS 2021 will also have two panel discussions. The panel discussion titled as Reporting to the board, has the pandemic elevated the CISO’s role, position will have Bilal Ahmad, Head Information Security & Business Continuity, Union Cooperative Society; Syed Mohammad Ali Naqvi, Head of AI, Data and Analytics Al Hilal Bank; Hariprasad Chede, Chief Information Security Officer, National Bank of Fujairah; Shafiullah Ismail, Head, Information Security & Risk, Mubadala Capital; and Rohit Bhargava, Business Unit Head, CloudBox as the panellists.
The second panel discussion titled Best practices to manage and administer the security organisation will have Prashant Nair, Group Head of Operational Risk and Control Network International; Sheeba Hasnain, Head of IT Operations, Transportation Systems Department, Sharjah; Jacob Mathew, Head of IT | IT Governance, Architecture, Services, Security, Infrastructure & Operations, Government of Abu Dhabi; Wissam Saadeddine, Regional Manager – ME and Jean-Michel Briffaut, Rail OT Cybersecurity Manager, Serco Dubai Metro as panellists.
GECSS 2021 will also have other attractions like Secret Briefings where a group of 8 to 10 CISOs will get together in the Dark Room to determine the hidden risks, threats, and vulnerabilities for 2021. Another unique feature at GECSS 2021 will be Hack the Day. This will involve real-life hacking and will test how safe your mobile, laptop, or smart watch is!
Exclusive Secret Briefing – Adapting the Hacker Perspective will be held by Siddhartha Murthinty, Chief Solutions Architect, Spire Solutions and Mohieddin Kharnoub, Chief Revenue Officer, Spire Solutions.
CISO 2021 Awards
The Cyber Sentinels CISO Awards will recognise the hard taskmasters of security in the digital enterprises and felicitate their unwavering commitment towards their organization’s security infrastructure. The award recognises the top CISOs who are using technology to secure critical business information assets and minimize risk while delivering business value. The award ceremony is a platform to showcase their achievements, share their expertise and knowledge.
Future Security Leaders Awards
As the threat landscape becomes increasingly vulnerable with each passing day, there is no end to innovation and no limit to betterment when it comes to enterprise security solutions. The Cyber Sentinels Security Awards 2021 recognises the security vendors, VADs, System Integrators and Resellers who have walked the extra mile in innovating their solutions and services for the customers and redefined the term value in security offerings.
Partners and sponsors of GECSS 2021:
- Title Sponsor: Spire Solutions
- Cyber Security Partner: Help AG
- Gold Partners: Gigamon, Redington, SentinelOne
- Privileged Access Management Partner: Arcon
- Strategic Partners: Infoblox, iconnect
- Exclusive Managed Security Partner: Cloud Box
- Supporting Partners: Rubrik, AHAD, Genetec
To register for GECSS 2021 click here.